Finding an electrician who you trust to work safely and not take advantage of your lack of electrical expertise can be difficult, especially if you don't have any recommendations and are just searching in the hope of finding someone who fits your ideal picture.
As you may have noticed, many electricians' websites list a string of services they offer. And we're no different in that respect. Most of us can install cookers, lighting, extra sockets, smoke alarms and rewire a house. But just seeing a list of services doesn't help you choose an electrician.
So, by all means, look down the page to find out the things we can do to improve your home or make your home safer. But more importantly, look through the following pages and check out whether you think we are a good fit for you:
Electrical Installations and Rewiring
The term "electrical installation" refers to the fixed parts of your electrical system, such as wiring, sockets and fuse boxes. We can design, install, inspect, test, diagnose problems and repair your installation and its component parts. Here's just a sample of the things we can help you with:
- Circuit board installs
- Circuit breaker repairs
- Complete and partial rewiring
- Consumer unit replacements
- Cooker points
- Earthing ports and bonding
- Earthing upgrades for water, gas and main
- Electrical design for new builds and extensions
- Electrical surge protection
- Fuse boards - RCD safety fuse boards installed and certificated
- Fuse box rewiring
- Residual Current Device (RCD) domestic unit installation\replacement
- Rewiring - full and partial rewiring work undertaken
- Sockets - additional sockets and socket replacements
- Switches - new and replacements
Think of all the ways you use electricity in your house - for cooking, heating, lighting, washing, safety and security. We provide services for installing, inspecting, testing, fault finding and the repair of your fixed appliances for each of these areas.
- Lighting design
- Light installations
- Light fittings
- Lighting repair
- LED lights
- Immersion heaters and other electric water heaters
- Electric radiators
- Heating controls
- Cookers - installed with certification provided
Washing and Bathrooms
- Shower installation and fitting
- Electric towel rails
- Smoke alarms - mains powered and basic stand alone battery alarms fitted
- Safe uninstall of appliances
- Security lighting - halogen and LED security sensor lights fitted
Outdoor and Garage Installations
- Power and lighting to gardens, sheds, garages and other outbuildings
- External lighting
- Garden lighting
- Security lighting
- Outdoor sockets
- Hot tub installation
Inspection, Testing and Certification
An Electrical Installation Condition Report is recommended every 5-10
years for domestic properties to check the condition of the electrical installation for any problems that may have developed over time. It is also a good idea to have the installation tested before buying or selling a house.
Additional Ways We Can Help Householders
Make it easier for you to comply with Building Regulations (Part P)
Most fixed electrical installations, such as wiring, sockets and other parts of the electrical system of a building, must comply with Part P of the Building Regulations in order to protect people from fire and electric shocks. It is the owner's responsibility to ensure that the local authority building-control are notified of changes to the electrical installation and that they are certified as safe.
An advantage of employing a Part P registered electrical contractor, like ourselves, is that we are qualified to self-certify the changes we make and we can notify local authority building control on your behalf. Using our services also means:
- you don't need a separate building-control inspection and spend the time waiting in for inspectors;
- you don't pay building-control inspection and administration charges (saving you an average of £241 for every piece of notifiable work);
- we will arrange for you to receive a certificate to confirm that the work meets building regulations;
- you have access to a formal complaints procedure if building regulations aren't met.
Eliminate shocks, both electrical and financial, when buying a house
When you buy a house, you could be in for a shock; not just electrical, but also in a financial sense. Having an electrical test and inspection conducted on a house you intend to buy can not only protect you from electrical shocks, but can also save you some serious money should the house need a rewire or other major works. Find out more.
Our work is backed by NAPIT
Our membership of the National Association of Professional Inspectors and Testers (NAPIT) means you can be confident that we are certified as competent, that we provide access to Building Regulations Compliance Certification and we have appropriate financial protection. In addition, we are regularly assessed by NAPIT to ensure we deliver safe and compliant work so we can remain a member.
Our NAPIT membership enables us to display the Registered Competent Person and NAPIT logos to reassure you of the high standards and compliance of our work. Our work is also backed by a 6 year NAPIT Work Quality Guarantee and gives you access to an independent complaints procedure for added reassurance.
Any other tasks we've not mentioned?
The above list of services covers the most common services we provide, but it doesn't cover everything we've done, or can do for you. If it's not in the list, we can probably do it.
So, if you have any electrical work you would like us to do, or just speak to us about...
Give us a call on 0773 387 287 or Get in touch using our secure contact form