Electrical Maintenance Contracts
As a landlord or business owner, you have a legal responsibility to
ensure your electrical installations and appliances are safe.
Regular electrical maintenance, testing and inspections can
significantly reduce the possibility of a fire or injury caused by
unsafe or neglected electrical installations and appliances. Not only
does this keep everybody safe physically, but being able to prove that
you have done everything possible can protect you legally should
something go wrong.
How an electrical maintenance contract can help
Our electrical maintenance contract is a great way to stay safe, stay
legal and keep your costs at a predictable level.
An electrical maintenance contract is a service agreement set up between
an electrical contractor and a business or property owner for an agreed
annual or monthly fee. The level of electrical work, maintenance and
testing will vary according to what you need or want, the size and
number of properties you want covered and the nature of your electrical
installation and the appliances you have.
What are the benefits?
- Less Hassle. Relax and let us take care of the routine maintenance, electrical inspections and certifications when they are due. Our maintenance contracts also free you from the hassle of trying to find an electrician just when you need one.
- Stay Legal and Safe. Your maintenance and testing plan will keep you safe, both physically and from a legal perspective.
- Save Money. With our maintenance contracts you can avoid the high cost of one-off emergency call-outs. Also, by maintaining your electrical system and appliances, they will last longer and run more efficiently, saving you money in the longer term.
- Peace of Mind. No more wondering whether your certificates are up to date or when you need to book your next safety inspection. We'll take care of that.
- Prevention. Prevention is better than cure. It is also cheaper. Preventing a problem with routine maintenance can save a greater expense trying to fix it later.
Who can benefit from a maintenance contract
Anybody who has a legal duty of care for the electrical safety of
others, such as tenants, residents, staff, customers, the general
public. This includes:
- Businesses with offices or other premises occupied by staff or visited by customers
- Nursing homes
- Community premises - church halls, community centres, etc.
What do you get?
You get a customised maintenance service plan, completely tailored to what you want and need. Your maintenance plan could consist of some or all of the following, depending on your needs:
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT)
- Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)
- Planned preventative maintenance - regular inspections and repairs on installations and appliances that need attention
- Responsive repairs
- 24 hour call-out service
- Fault finding and rectifying service
These are just the main areas we cover in our contracts. The precise detail is down to you.
To free your mind from the concerns of keeping your premises
safe and legal, get in touch to discuss your requirements and the level of cover that you would
like from your electrical maintenance contract.
You can do this by sending us your details on our secure
We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
or, give us a call on
07793 387 287